About Me

My photo
New York, NY
Young lady with oversized dreams and a heart built of the fight for love. I've got heroes for family and legends for friends. Got faith as food and a Father that's radical. And in all, MUSIC IS DREAMY.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

yeah attitude


A couple of weeks ago guest pastor, James MacDonald, senior pastor of Harvest Bible Church in Chicago, preached at my church. He preached a powerful word and God used him to speak to all the hearts. Also, never have I laughed so much during a sermon like I did during his! At the end of the service our pastor made it known that Pr James MacDonald had brought some materials with him and they were available for purchase. I felt a strong urge to go look and get me a good book, cause if his written words were half as good as his spoken words then I needed one of his books. There were a couple available, but one that caught my attention was "Lord, Change My Attitude Before It's Too Late." ...ummm, title made for me! At first I wasn't sure whether to get this or another but as soon as I showed my friends both books and asked for options, they immediately agreed that the attitude one was definitely for me, showing that I really was in need of reading this...and man was it not a book sent from God. After reading Pr MacDonald's words I basically realized why I felt so much like my life was like a wilderness...it's cause it was! Food for the spirit and mind, this book teaches of the importance of attitudes in out lives. The importance of being thankful for the small things and trusting upon God with all you have. I have learned to replace old destructive attitudes with new ones that reflect love, contentment, and humility. Not only have I kept these words in mind and hard but have also put them into action in my life...and boy has my perspective in life changed. As I change my attitude, my days become better, my mind cleared of doubt, and my heart cleared of all fear. Got to say that God really took care of me with this book and brought fresh knowledge and perspective which I really, really needed. I have already recommended this book to many and keep telling many about it! God really used Pr James MacDonald through the words of this book, and I'm truly thankful that He gave me the change to read these words of wisdom right when I needed them! so thankful!

And you know what??? It really is about A T T I T U D E..and you can run and tell that, homeboy!