About Me

My photo
New York, NY
Young lady with oversized dreams and a heart built of the fight for love. I've got heroes for family and legends for friends. Got faith as food and a Father that's radical. And in all, MUSIC IS DREAMY.

Monday, May 9, 2011

a birthday weekend



 


It has definitely been a while that I haven't posted. NOT good. I like posting and not being inspired for a couple of days or weeks is not fun...well, now that I've successfully logged on I will now post about my birthday :D On April 21st I officially left my teen years and turned 20. To be honest, I did not expect for this past birthday to be much fun. I knew I would be hanging out with friends doing something, somewhere to celebrate and that would be it. Well, I believe God had a little bit more in mind for me. It was that weekend that I once again realized that God put the right people for the right purpose in my life, and it was that weekend that God drew out a little bit more of dream that's been in the making inside my heart. Up above are pictures taken during that amazing weekend. In reality there were many taken, but here are some favorites.
But here's what went down on the birthday to remember.....

My birthday would be on a Thursday, so on Wednesday my friends took me out to dance the night into my birthday, filled me with gifts, cake, birthday wishes, and I gotta say it was pretty sweet cause at one point during the night a new acquaintance got a small crowd to sing a cheerful "Happy Birthday to you!!" just for me. Loved it! It was a short but very sweet night....the best was to come the next day and the rest of the weekend. I unfortunately had to work all day on my birthday but no complaints here cause the coworkers filled me with love, birthday wishes, and a 2nd birthday cake! And at home I got a 3rd one from my loving family. But after that the best came...me and my best friend went on the most spontaneous, adventurous, cheapest, trip to the beautiful NYC. We spend 2 days in the city where all we did was walk, explore, and contemplate on a city filled with different beauties, cultures, and people. I got to do some special things during those days in the city. Don't really want to name all of them, but all I have to say is that I made a special visit to a place I've dreamed of visiting for many years. Got to experience what I've dreamed of experiencing, and got to feel what I've dreamed of feeling. I honestly have no words to describe this trip. All I can do is be thankful that God gave me the opportunities He did that weekend and that He placed in my life the most wonderful friend who was willing to go on this adventure with me. We eventually had to return to NC, to a reality that we are more than thankful for. But I DO say that I left my heart there in NYC, and am truly hoping and praying to be back very soon...maybe for good...who knows?...God does...so I'll keep on praying.