About Me

My photo
New York, NY
Young lady with oversized dreams and a heart built of the fight for love. I've got heroes for family and legends for friends. Got faith as food and a Father that's radical. And in all, MUSIC IS DREAMY.

Sunday, July 3, 2011




this subject came up today in a conversation I had with a friend and right away made me think of this post I made a while ago on tumblr. So now I shall transfer it to my dear blog.
Cherish.
Yesterday I had the chance to spend time with dear friends. It was not like all other times I normally spend with them, but it was now the time where I would once again say goodbye to the ones I love. Since birth God has constantly been moving my family and I from one place to another. I have never understood the reasons behind His will. But as I grow, time passes by, my home changes location, and He continually reveals little by little the reasons and mysteries behind His will. Yesterday as I got to spend time with my friends I realized how blessed I was. I was given time to meet and interact with wonderful people, no doubt put in my life by God. It was the people he put in my path that I learned from. No matter how good or bad the memories were, I have learned. The people we surround ourselves with take part in our growth. The passionate ones teach us about love. The dedicated ones teach us about perseverance. The joyful ones teach us about happiness. The caring ones teach us about affection. The quiet ones teach us about listening. The understanding ones teach us about acceptance. The humble ones teach us about forgiveness. The honest ones teach us about trust. The lonely ones teach us that we need each other. The ones who fail teach us to never give up. The brokenhearted teach us that yes, we feel. The faithful ones teach us to pray. Different faces and personalities clashing together to form relationships, no doubt, bound by the heavenly Father Himself. I will cherish every moment, I will store them in my heart, and I will remember them in the moments of happiness and in the moments of anguish. Each memory given to console and help us grow emotionally and spiritually. Every time my family and I pack up our home in boxes and migrate to a new location, I realize that what I have left behind are only the moments given to me by God and the people put in my life through Him. May we cherish every person we meet and hold on to the moments we spend with them. And that we may not point and pick out the people we think should take part in our lives, but that in our prayers we may ask God to be the one who points and picks out the people that should take part in our lives.